Kayaking and fishing have been some of the oldest water activities known to men and they have survived over the centuries.
A 500 lb capacity kayak can be used by friends, family members or even colleagues looking to bond well and have some fun.
My Top Recommendation For a 500lbs Kayak
- Two-person inflatable kayak weighs just 26 pounds, but has 500-pound load capacity
- Constructed of puncture-resistant, extra-thick K-80 polykrylar hull material
- Nine-inch tubes, I-beam construction, and high-frequency welded seams; rated up to Class III...
- Comes with inflatable spray skirts, inflatable front and rear seats, two oars, reliable foot pump,...
- Includes limited three-year manufacturer's warranty
Last update on 2018-07-08 at 18:51 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Table of Contents
- 1 Buying Guide For The Best 500 Lb Capacity Kayak.
- 2 Heavy Duty Kayaks For Fat Guys and Heavy Person.
- 2.1 1. Sea Eagle 330 Inflatable Kayak With Deluxe Package.
- 2.2 2. AIRHEAD AHTK-2 Montana Performance 2 Person Kayak.
- 2.3 3. Strait Edge 2 Two-Person.
- 2.4 4. Lifetime 10 Foot Sport Fisher Tandem Kayak.
- 2.5 5. Sea Eagle Razorlite 393rl Inflatable Kayak with Pro Package.
- 2.6 6. Lifetime Tandem Sit on Top Kayak with Back Rests.
- 3 7. Sea Eagle Se330 Inflatable Sports Kayak Start Up Package.
What Is A Kayak?
A kayak is a longer and wider type of a boat designed specifically for water sports because it’s fast and stable. A 500 lb capacity kayak can be used to fish, enjoy the water or compete with other people to race in water.
Why Do You Need A 500 Lb. Capacity Kayak?
A 500 lb capacity kayak is ideal for heavy people or if two or more people want to share one kayak.
The weight capacity ensures that you will not capsize because of overloading and you can even carry some fishing and picnic gear.
Buying Guide For The Best 500 Lb Capacity Kayak.
Choosing the best 500 lb capacity kayak is all about preference because there is no one size that fits all kind of boat.
Once you know exactly what you need, here are some of the extra features you should look for before buying a kayak;
It is vital that you determine the purpose you have for the kayak and what exactly you will be doing with it whether it’s fishing or family fun.
You should also ask yourself where you are most likely to take the boat because rivers and oceans or lakes have very different dynamics.
The best kayak should be long and wide for two reasons; a long kayak is more stable and covers a larger area fast while a wide kayak can handle more people and still have space for fish and other items.
Depending on what you plan to do with the kayak, you can choose between the sit on top or the sit inside types of kayaks.
Sit on top kayaks are great for fishermen or people who want to explore the outdoors to the fullest and they are also stable and safe.
However, if you are new to kayaking and afraid of water, it’s recommended that you start with the sit inside kayak that will keep the wind and water away from you.
Choose a kayak that has well-padded and comfortable seats as well as places to hold on to so that your experience in water will be a breeze. Uncomfortable seats can make you more scared of water.
Heavy Duty Kayaks For Fat Guys and Heavy Person.
1. Sea Eagle 330 Inflatable Kayak With Deluxe Package.
The Sea Eagle 330 Inflatable Kayak is one of the best fishing kayaks in the market. It can accommodate two people and has a weight capacity of 500 pounds making it perfect for fishing with a friend.
- This kayak for fat guys is made from very thick high quality Polykrylar hull that is very durable and the bottom is constructed from I beam to make it very strong.
- It has two molded skegs that allow the kayak to track smoothly across the waters with speed.
- This 500 lb capacity kayak is one of the easiest, most fun and versatile kayak that you can have in your home.
- It comes with a cool pressure gauge that assist you when inflaming the kayak to ensure it has the right amount of pressure and a repair kit with tools that you need to repair your kayak.
- It is very easy to inflate and deflate the kayak and it takes approximately six minutes.
- The self-bailing drain valves at the bottom helps you remove the water from the kayak with ease.
- Beware when using it on rough waters as it might rip and let in water.
2. AIRHEAD AHTK-2 Montana Performance 2 Person Kayak.
If you are looking for a 500 lb capacity kayak then you need the AIRHEAD AHTK-2 Montana Kayak. This kayak is made from semi-rigid heavy gauge material which is highly visible as it is orange in color.
- The inflammable seats are movable and removable and they provide great support to your back for a long time.
- It is very easy to inflate and deflate as it takes less than seven minutes.
- The kayak is designed for both lake and moderate white waters thus the most convenient for a fun and exciting family fishing adventures.
- It comes with amazing neoprene elbow guards that enhance your comfort at all times.
- This extra wide kayak has three air chambers that are enclosed by a rugged nylon which is water resistant coated.
- AIRHEAD AHTK-2 is very lightweight thus making it portable and easy to transport as it can easily fit in a car trunk or a suitcase.
- It is a little bit heavy thus not easy to transport.
3. Strait Edge 2 Two-Person.
This Strait Edge Two Person’s Kayak is designed for paddling on whitewater and allows it to shed water while paddling in big waves.
- It is designed from aluminum bow and has stern frames to enhance tracking in open waters with ease.
- The kayak is made from heavy duty tarpaulin material which is extremely puncture resistant thus guaranteeing durability.
- With this kayak for large person you can close the ports in calm waters for a smooth drier ride and they come with two rod holders that help increase versatility for fishing.
- The seats are made from breathable mesh foam material that enhance your comfort and are well padded offering more back support.
- This kayak 500 lb capacity has double storage spaces where you can keep a small cooler with your drinks or put the fish that you have caught while fishing.
- It comes with a repair kit which has tools that you need in case of little holes on the kayak.
- Be careful, as it tends to fold a little when hitting big waves.
4. Lifetime 10 Foot Sport Fisher Tandem Kayak.
This amazing Lifetime 10 Foot Sport Fisher Tandem kayak is molded from high density polyethylene which is very strong thus guaranteed durability.
- The Lifetime 10 Foot Sport Fisher Tandem kayak is designed to accommodate up to 3 people with comfort.
- It has multiple footrests positions for different size riders and it is the most suitable kayak for fat guys. It can accommodate a maximum weight capacity of 500 lbs.
- Its tunnel hull design enhances stability allowing you to stand while fishing or sit side saddle without tripping over making it the perfect kayak for heavy person.
- It is very lightweight as it has a durable plastic construction making it very easy to transport.
- This kayak has awesome features like three fishing pole holders, paddle clips and multiple foot wells that offer support when you are reeling in a large fish. It comes with a cup holder slot which holds your drink and cradles that secures the paddles when they are not in use.
- It is not very stable for heavy people to fish while standing they might trip over.
5. Sea Eagle Razorlite 393rl Inflatable Kayak with Pro Package.
If you are looking for the best fishing kayak under 1000 then you have to buy the Sea Eagle Razorlite Kayak as it is worth every penny.
- It is a one person kayak and can accommodate a maximum capacity of 500pounds with no worries of capsizing.
- It has tall back seats with wrap around sides which offer support to the back and they are well cushioned to enhance your comfort.
- The foot rests are adjustable thus maximizing your paddling power, efficiency and control.
- The Sea Eagle Razorlite is well designed with Drop Stitch technology that helps the kayak cut through waves straighter and sharper creating more fun and exciting moments.
- It comes with a spacious backpack for easy storage and transport.
- It has 6D-rings at bow and sterns that help you secure the gear and valves to help in the inflation and deflation of the kayak.
- The kayak is very expensive.
6. Lifetime Tandem Sit on Top Kayak with Back Rests.
Lifetime Tandem Sit on Top Kayak is among the kayaks with high weight capacity as they can accommodate up to 500lbs and three people can comfortably use it for fishing with no worries of capsizing.
- They are made from high density Polyethylene material which is UV protected that will not fade.
- The seats are high and dry thus protecting you from the wet floor and awesome shock cord straps that help you secure loose items.
- It is lightweight making it easy to store and transport.
- It has a tunnel hull design that enhances stability making it very hard for you to tip over.
- This large kayak has multiple footrest positions for different size rider making it very convenient for large people.
- It comes with an in built cup holder that holds tight your drink as you fish and an amazing rear carry handles.
- There are complaints that the kayak moves very slowly.
7. Sea Eagle Se330 Inflatable Sports Kayak Start Up Package.
The Sea Eagle SE330 is a high weight capacity kayak as it can hold up to 500lb and can accommodate two adults with ease. It is wide enough to allow two people to paddle with ease or you can still go solo and enjoy every moment.
- This 500lb capacity kayak has movable seats and it is very easy to inflate and deflate as it takes less than six minutes.
- The kayak is lightweight making it very easy to transport and it comes with a repair kit just in case you face a little accident.
- It is made from high quality Polykrylar material and the seams are perfectly welded to ensure they don’t rip off. The floor are i beam constructed thus you are guaranteed of easy cleaning and no leaks.
- This kayak has valves that allow you to easily deflate the kayak and it has three inflated chambers in port, starboard and floor.
- The kayak comes in beautiful colors and foot pump that help in inflation.
- There are complaints that they easily tear and the materials in the fixing kit don’t fix properly as expected.
Whenever you are using the best 500 lb. capacity kayak, always ensure that the wind is not too wild because it’s hard to overcome a storm. Stay below the weight limit and keep the boat balanced at all times.