Did you know that running or jogging puts an average of 2 to 3 times your body weight and shock on your heels and joints?
The best running shoes for fat guys are able to help reduce the pressure on your joints by absorbing the shock and also supporting your body.
While we all need good running shoes, fat people generally require a special kind that will improve the running form and distribute the shock evenly throughout the body without tearing up in a few days.
Fat guy running shoes must also be comfortable and light enough so that you will not have any extra weight on you.
Table of Contents
- 1 Buying Guide for the Best Running Shoes For Fat Guys & Heavy People.
- 2 Best Running Shoes For Men And Women.
- 2.1 1. New Balance Men’s Running Shoes For Heavy Runners.
- 2.2 2. Salomon Men’s Speedcross 3 Trail Running Shoes For Heavy Runners.
- 2.3 3. ASICS Women’s Gel-Nimbus 19 Running Shoes For Big Guys.
- 2.4 4. Hoka One One Mens Bondi 5 Running Shoes For Overweight.
- 2.5 5. ASICS Men’s GEL Venture 5 Trail Running Shoe For Overweight Guys.
- 2.6 6. Nike Free 5.0+ Breathe Fat Man Running Shoes.
- 2.7 7. Nike Air Zoom Vomero 12 Wolf Shoes For Overweight Men.
- 2.8 8. Brooks Transcend 4 Running Shoes For Heavy Men.
- 2.9 Other Resources:
Buying Guide for the Best Running Shoes For Fat Guys & Heavy People.
Despite the increasing number of obese people who need running shoes, there is little information on what the best running shoes for fat guys should be like.
This buying guide will help anyone looking for running shoes for men over 200 pounds to know what to look for;
- Quality And Durability
Due to the weight of the users, the best shoes for overweight runners should be very strong and durable.
Weight has the tendency to cause wear and tear to shoes especially if they are not well constructed so you must ensure a good running shoe is made of quality material to last.
Whether you are heavy or thin, running cause one to feel hot and sweat everywhere and this can be very uncomfortable on the feet.
The best running shoes for bigger runners should be airy and well ventilated so your feet can remain nice and cool when you are working out and also prevent sweating which can cause sliding.
Most breathable shoes are also very light so you will not feel like you are a carrying rocks on your feet and hence running will be easier.
- Quality Outsole
Besides being more durable, a quality outsole is able to absorb more impact without losing any support.
The best running shoes for heavy men should have a very strong outsole combined with heel counter to prevent your feet from feeling the impact of the ground when you are running no matter how rough the terrain is.
- Size Of The Running Shoe
The best running shoes for big guys must be the right size as a loose fitting shoe will not offer support while a tight one will hurt your feet especially when you swell.
Do you have narrow or wide feet? Is the toe area wider than the rest of the foot? It’s also important to pick shoes that have elastic material and adjustable shoe laces so you can have a snug but comfortable fit.
Best Running Shoes For Men And Women.
1. New Balance Men’s Running Shoes For Heavy Runners.
New Balance Men’s M990v3 is a classic running shoe made of leather and fabric to ensure breathability and durability and it features a dual density collar and padded tongue.
This shoe is endowed with several great features such as the flat outsole meant for flat surfaces and Ndurance rubber covering the lateral and heel are so they won’t tear up as fast.
- The weight of this shoe has been reduced significantly so that it’s light on your feet.
- The shoe has adequate room in the forefoot as well as the heel and they are available in larger sizes including wide feet.
- New Balance Men’s M990v3 features added cushioning on the rear and mid foot thanks to the blown rubber which also enhances traction and fast responsiveness.
- The midsole feature two types of cushioning; ACTEVA and ABZORB which offer amazing shock absorption and responsiveness.
- There are complaints that the new design is falling apart fairly quickly.
2. Salomon Men’s Speedcross 3 Trail Running Shoes For Heavy Runners.
If you are looking for the best running shoes for heavy men in the market then you need to get the Salomon Men’s Trail Running Shoes.
The Speedcross 3 technology provides the ultimate grip that you need in all conditions.
- They have 3D open stretch mesh which makes the under layer thus allowing fresh air to penetrate the interior to keep the feet cool and refreshed.
- These amazing shoes have sensifit which cradles the foot from the midsole to the lace eyelets thus providing comfort.
- These awesome shoes are made from water –resistant textile and they have a synthetic sole which is perfect and guarantees durability.
- The shoe can be worn in all weather conditions as they have snow and mud contagrip non- marking rubber outsole.
- There are complains that after a few months of use the interior starts to tear.
3. ASICS Women’s Gel-Nimbus 19 Running Shoes For Big Guys.
If you are looking for a comfortable and perfect shoe for working out and jogging then you need this Gel-Nimbus 19.
This women’s shoe is made with a revolutionary flytefoam technology which enhances and offers optimal comfort while working out.
- ASICS Women’s Gel-Nimbus 19 comes with a gradient jacquard –mesh upper which can strategically be tightened or loosened in the zones to allow the foot natural motion.
- They are 3D printed overlays which provide seamless support to the upper thus you are guaranteed of maximum comfort.
- Gel-Nimbus 19 is designed with a fluidRide midsole technology which allows you bounce back and have a smooth run.
- The shoes have a Rarefoot and Forefoot gel cushioning system which attenuates shock during impact and allows your foot move in multiple planes as the foot transitions through the gait cycle.
- There are complaints that the shoes are way smaller and narrower than expected thus uncomfortable to wear.
4. Hoka One One Mens Bondi 5 Running Shoes For Overweight.
Hoka One One Mens Bondi 5 Running Shoe is a fantastic running shoe no matter the distance thanks to the generous cushioning and support.
This shoe has so many cushions underfoot and when you run, the cushion shape the perfect stride as you break into them.
- The outsole has more durability zones and so the shoe will last a very long time.
- If you happen to have wide feet, this pair of shoes will fit you perfectly because it’s very spacious especially in the toe area.
- Hoka One One Mens Bondi 5 Running Shoe is very light so you feel like you are walking on air.
- The upper area of these shoes is elastic to provide support and a snugger fit.
The shoe sole seems to come apart after a few weeks.
5. ASICS Men’s GEL Venture 5 Trail Running Shoe For Overweight Guys.
ASICS Men’s GEL Venture 5 Trail shoes are among the best running shoes for overweight beginner runners in the market featuring mesh and brushstroke-patterned underlays.
These shoes also have a removable sockliner that can accommodate medical orthotics for support and physiotherapy.
- ASICS Men’s GEL Venture 5 Trail shoes have a very long lasting sole as it is made of rubber thus you will have no wear and tear for a long period of time.
- They come in many different breath taking colors that you can choose from and the inner sole has knit textured air mash with sufficient space for the foot thus increasing foot breathability
- They are lightweight allowing you to run for long and they have great grip on the ground no matter the weather condition.
- The rear foot Gel cushioning and rugged outsole offer support and bounce in a variety of terrain.
This shoe does not have enough cushioning and support for running but it’s great for walking and every day wear.
6. Nike Free 5.0+ Breathe Fat Man Running Shoes.
The Nike Men’s Free 5.0+ Breathe Running Shoe Synthetic is among the best shoes for heavy runners in the market.
These shoes feature an advanced technology which offers flexibility, enhances free movement and stability.
- They are designed with an asymmetrical lacing system that enables them reduce pressure on the top ridge of the foot.
- They are perfectly designed to sync with the natural movement of the foot by minimizing the gap between the ground and feet and they are lightweight making them the most comfortable shoes for all.
- The Nike Men’s Running Shoe feature a round curved heel for more comfort and have a rubber sole which is very light and durable.
- To encourage natural motion and increase foot strength they are diagonally cut through the arch.
The shoe is narrow and the arch does not loosen up over time.
7. Nike Air Zoom Vomero 12 Wolf Shoes For Overweight Men.
Nike Men’s Air Zoom Vomero 12 Wolf shoes are some of the best shoes for overweight joggers in the market as they can be worn by everyone.
They come in different amazing colors that you can choose from with ease.
- They are made from very durable material and have a perfect rubber sole which guarantees you durability.
- These shoes have fly wire cables which wrap the mid foot thus offering more support and stability while working out.
- The rubber outsole enhances durable traction and if you tend to pronate, the sole design is able to compensate for that and save your joints from shock.
- The plush collar offers soft and comfortable fit while the Lunarion foam midsole gives your foot plush cushioning and shock absorption.
- It’s a bit narrow if you have wide feet.
8. Brooks Transcend 4 Running Shoes For Heavy Men.
Brooks Men’s Transcend 4 Shoes promises to make your run feel like you are flying thanks to the cloud-like cushioning and supportive platform.
This beautiful shoe features 3D fit print upper technology that helps the shoe to stretch strategically for a better fit and feel.
- The shoe is made of textile and synthetic which is durable and breathable so your feet won’t sweat too much.
- The lacing system features a synthetic midfoot saddle that allows you to adjust and customize the fit to your comfort.
- The padded interior offer optimum comfort while the Pebax External heel counter reduces heel rotation dramatically.
- This shoe offers amazing shock absorption and the rounded heel enhances better foot alignment to minimize stress on the joints.
- No complaints at all.
Finding the best running shoes for fat guys can be the difference between successful workout and bad injuries.
Best running shoes for fat guys should be worn only when you are running so the shoe can conform to that stride and one must practice good form.