Here is a small formula: the best bike for big guys + the most comfortable bike seat for overweight people = paradise on earth!
Now let me explain:
Riding a bicycle involves balancing the large part of your body on two petite “sit bones” for extended periods of time.
Now, when you are overweight, it becomes particularly uncomfortable since there’s even more weight and pressure being applied on such a tiny area.
And so you may find biking unsettling even if you have the best bike for big guys..
But there is a little secret: bike seats for big bottoms….
By design and by nature, the best bike seat for heavy riders is built to drastically improve your comfort when cycling.
Let’s discuss them further…
After spending dozens of hours researching and testing bike seats, I recommend Bikeroo Oversized Comfort Bike Seat as the most comfortable bike seat for overweight riders.
- Comes with a thick bike seat soft padding plus,
- Tested by over 14,000 cycling lovers,
- Super dual spring suspension,
- Extra wide design,
- Super comfortable bike seat,
- Ssuitable for both men and women.
- COMFORTABLE BIKE SADDLE - Due to its thick bike seat padding and dual spring suspension, the Bikeroo...
- TESTED BY MORE THAN 14.000 cycling lovers - Our customers have stated that the soft padding and...
- GREAT REPLACEMENT FOAM BIKE SEAT - Most of the stock bicycle seats that come with new bikes are...
- EASY TO MOUNT UNIVERSAL FIT - This ergonomic bike seat upgrades ride quality for most bikes but it's...
- MONEY BACK GUARANTEE - We want you to love our products. If you are not 100% satisfied, we offer 12...
Last update on 2018-07-08 at 17:50 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Table of Contents
- 1 What Makes A Bicycle Seat Comfortable?
- 2 Why Special Bike Seat for Heavy Riders?
- 3 Different Types of Bike Seats Available On The Market.
- 4 Buying Guide For Most Comfortable Bike Seat For Overweight Riders.
- 5 Most Comfortable Bike Seat For Overweight Riders: Reviews
What Makes A Bicycle Seat Comfortable?
So, how are these mountain bike seats?
They are bike seats certainly made to make cycling sheer delight…
- These are oversize, well-padded and cushioned and hence most comfortable.
- A plus size bike seat is shockproof, and even wear-resistant.
- They are anti-scratch and build to condone long rides.
- They are highly flexible and adjust easily to standard seat posts.
In the final end, they are very, very comfortable!
Why Special Bike Seat for Heavy Riders?
Obviously, a petite, rough saddle will make your trips out very unpleasant. You feel pained and you may even be struggling to pedal because of an improper design, shape, or inclination.
In any case, the bitter truth is that all bike saddles will get sore somewhere along the way especially if you’ve been riding for long.
And so to maximize pleasure regardless of the distance, you need to equip your bicycles with the comfortable bike seats for big guys- possible.
As we saw, they are generously built to support your bigger frame and weight and will dramatically improve your experiences
Different Types of Bike Seats Available On The Market.
Extra-large bicycle seats come in various shapes and designs:
1. Racing Saddles (Performance Saddles)
These are long, narrow saddles designed for road racing/riding. They suit riders who pedal fast and continuously.
2. Mountain Saddles
For mountain trails, you have to ride in varied positions depending on the climb/slope.
You’ll, therefore, do well with a mountain-specific saddle- these have the padding to support your sit bones, a streamlined shape, and a durable cover – all purposed to aid your movement.
3. Comfort Saddles
These are leather made and more padded. They are designed for plus size guys who prefer pedaling specifically for longer distances.
4. Cruiser Saddles (Cushioning Saddle)
This type of big bike seat is wider and again well-padded. It’s best suited for guys in leisure riding and who cycle while sitting upright and mostly for short distances.
Occasionally you may meet other innovative bike seats for large bottoms, for example, inflatable saddles, others with a separate cushion for every cheek, and even saddle covers containing water or air.
There are even those constructed using sheepskin.
Buying Guide For Most Comfortable Bike Seat For Overweight Riders.
So, what are the features that will make your saddle the most comfortable bike seat for overweight?
- Saddle Width
This takes first priority when searching for the most comfortable bike seat for overweight
Your seat should be sufficiently wide to accommodate the crucial spacing between your 2 sit bones.
Women riders should go for the widest as they have wider-spaced sit bones compared to men. However, if it’s excessively wide, expect excessive rubbing and/or chaffing.
The best bicycle saddle will have significant cushioning.
Here you should be careful because:
Excessive cushioning may place unnecessary pressure on your back while bare cushioning may make the seat to feel hard and a bit rough.
So, be wise and pick the saddle with the minimum amount of cushioning but which you’re comfortable cycling on.
While foam saddles are super plush, they wear out much faster with oversized cyclists because of the additional pressure from the extra weight.
On the other hand, leather saddles are magical with heavy riders since they’re extremely durable.
Still, on durability, the rails of your chosen saddle should be made from durable metal, for example, chromoly or titanium.
So, again you’ll need to have wisdom here unless you don’t mind spending on a new bicycle seat for heavy riders every few months.
Here is a summary of everything else:
|Budget||The pricing should be within your budget and should give you the features you desire on your saddle.|
|Installation||The best bike seat for heavy riders should be easy to install-preferably have a free wrench.|
|Suspensions||Saddles with dual springs absorb shock better.|
|Mounting||Saddles coming with mountings that can work on numerous bikes are ideal as you may have other bikes in the family.|
|Nose||The nose should be slim enough to permit you to cycle at any speed without creating too much soreness between your thighs.|
Most Comfortable Bike Seat For Overweight Riders: Reviews
As it is our tradition, we spared some time and analyzed some of the best-rated bike seats for large bottoms.
Our aim was to shortlist the top 5 hoping that they would give you a head start when shopping for a bike seat for large person.
Here are the lucky 5:
1. INBIKE Most Comfortable Bicycle Seat for Men and Women.
Foam saddles are always in contention when hunting for the most comfortable bike seat for long distance riding
Of course, because they are very comfy!
And this INBIKE Most Comfortable Bicycle Seat follows this trend.
It’s one of the top most foam saddles and thoroughly optimized to serve a heavy rider looking for fun.
It measures a healthy 10.6″ X 7.9″ and is highly padded with high-density foam.
It’s covered with microfiber artificial leather meaning it won’t be wearing down any time soon.
Plus, such fiber material is very smooth and thus good for your butt.
We also fell in love with its shock absorbing ability- which isn’t surprising seeing that it has the all-important dual springs.
Coupled with the high-density foam, they end up delivering a superior buffer and supreme shock proof performance.
It’s also a universal design and certain to work on various standard seat posts. And it comes with a free installation wrench.
Overall, this is one of the best bicycle seat.
- Padded with high- density perforating foam
- Size : 10.6″ x 7.9″
- Microfiber artificial leather cover
- Dual springs
- Middle groove
- Universal design
- Free wrench
- Its middle groove helps your back to breath.
- It works on almost all standard seat posts.
- Its springs are covered by rubber so they don’t hurt or clip your fingers.
- Its large enough to disperse pressure in a balanced way
- This seat goes in very easily.
- The construction quality is up there with the best bike seat for overweight.
- The suspension may not last as the rest of the parts.
This Inbike saddle has everything you may need in a partner for your new riding journey.
From being generously foam padded to being shock proof, this has it all.
2. Oversized Comfort Bike Seat – Bikeroo
It is very true that brand-new riders or guys getting back into biking may experience a bit of soreness on the very first few rides.
But the stress is not as bad if you have the largest bike seat available
And the Bikeroo Comfort Bike Seat is one such very well constructed super wide bike seat
It’s not only wider but also very thick (and extremely padded) – just as you would expect with a first-class bike seat,
The dual spring suspension then comes in to ensure you’ll not feel the bounce as you tackle rough terrain or maneuver the bumps.
The waterproof seat cover is also quite handy, making it ideal for both indoor and outdoor bicycles.
And it’s also unisex.
Thanks to its superior ergonomic design, it adapts to your unique physical qualities making it relaxing for all plus sized riders- women and men.
On the same note, it adapts to a wide range of bikes including cruisers, road city bikes, mountain bikes, touring, and fixed gear.
Then besides having a universal saddle adapter, mounting instructions, and standard rails mounts it also comes with its mounting tools.
Plus, an info-packed e-book covering almost everything a biker should know.
All these make its installation and maintenance a breeze!
In short, I wouldn’t be surprised if it walks away with the trophy of the best road bike saddle for heavy rider.
- Very thick
- Dual spring suspension
- Extra wide ergonomic design
- Waterproof seat cover
- Mounting tools
- Universal saddle adapter
- Info-packed e-book
- Standard rails mounts
- It has lots of padding
- It’s so big -enough to accommodate an extreme weight
- It doesn’t make the noise common with some other saddles.
- It installs within moments
- The seat is very well made
- Overtime, the gel stiffens making it a bit hard
The dual spring suspension and padding makes the Bikeroo bicycle saddle one of the premium bike seats out there.
It really upgrades your comfort and will help you feel awesome as you set out to enjoy your time.
3. Zacro Gel Bike Saddle.
Zacro Gel Bike Saddle is one of the best for riders looking for extra protection against impact when riding.
First, it has a wider shape which intelligently distributes pressure all over the seating area.
Ultimately, this balancing reduces the impact on your sensitive parts apart from helping in absorbing impact.
Similarly, this most comfortable mountain bike seat has extensive gel padding.
Again, this helps to absorb the impact that comes with pedaling over bumpy terrain.
Not to mention that it’s very well cushioned hence an expert in smoothening out the bumps.
Impressively, neither the padding nor the cushioning compress under pressure. So, you will be enjoying such a peaceful ride all through.
It also comes with a special soft covering which further enhances its comfort.
And then it has a useful seat cover aimed at protecting it against elements of weather and dirt.
All in all, this is a very affordable option for your bike and could even be your comfort style seat for your daily commute.
- Foam Padding: PU & dual-density gel
- Dual spring suspension (Carbon steel coil)
- Zacro wrench.
- Universal design
- Gold-standard cushioning
- This is much wider hence excellent with an oversize man
- It’s highly padded
- The seating surface is super soft.
- Comes with a protective cover
- The saddle looks sleek when mounted
- The base is plastic hence may not last as some of its competition
This is a more elegant and high-quality big man saddle thanks to the PU material and high-elastic foam.
It’s another truly comfortable saddle.
4. Domain Cycling Large Bicycle Gel Seat Cover
You can always improve your saddle- including the best bike saddle for overweight female- by mounting a padded seat cover
Domain Cycling Large Bicycle Gel SeatCover is a premium quality seat cover.
Made from some of the best materials, this makes you feel as if you are sitting on a cloud.
It not only mixes both gel and foam to deliver plenty of cushioning but also comes with a handy center recess for ultimate luxury and support.
Measuring approximately 11.5″ (L) x 9.5″ (W) it’s indeed rich in opulence with a soft fabric covering perfectly engineered to eradicate pain and soreness during intense cycling sessions
Once fitted on your extra-wide bike seat, it makes riding very safe …
This seat cover comes with easy-to-adjust drawstrings for securing it onto your bike.
Then, the manufacturer has also gone one step ahead to include a non-slip gripping material on the underside that helps to keep the cover in place.
And it’s generally built to last a very long time.
It’s recommended for over-sized bike seats including cruiser bicycle saddles.
- Premium materials
- Non-slip underside
- Gel and foam cushioning
- Measurements: 5″ (L) x 9.5″ (W)
- Very reasonably priced
- Greatly reduces back fatigue
- It perfectly absorbs most bumps
- It fits well with larger saddles
- It doesn’t slip
- It’s very well-constructed
- It may not fit narrower saddles
Mixing gel and foam, this is a perfect mix of leisure! It also includes a handy center recess for support.
This bicycle seat tops in terms of dependability and comfort and should do the job.
5. Lumintrail Oversize Wide Comfort Gel Foam Bike Seat.
The Lumintrail Oversized Gel Foam Bike Seat is another top candidate for the most comfortable bike seat for overweight.
It comes with a super sleek design which molds nicely to the shape of your butt and delivers pain relief for your back and bottoms.
The greatest detail about this saddle is that it fits a majority of the standard seats and installs really easy.
It also fits snugly and won’t slip even at the most grueling phase of your workouts.
Its high-density gel foam padding delivers the essential amount of tenderness for maximum fun when riding.
It also comes with a built-in cover to protect it from wind, rain, dirt, and sun so as to extend its life.
Personally, I have used this cruiser style saddle and I was able to cycle for many hours without feeling any discomfort.
- 10.5” Long x 10.5” Wide
- Gel foam padding
- Coil spring suspension
- Built-in weatherproof cover
- This over-sized seat adjusts more easily
- It is wider, very thick and absolutely well made
- The springs give more rounded support
- The seat cover tucks away conveniently under the saddle
- Compared with the quality, it’s favorably priced
- It needs minimal time to get used to
- It’s not that elastic
- May feel a bit hard at the beginning
This wide 10.5″ cruiser-type saddle is primed to serve with an overabundance of foam padding, an upmarket coil spring suspension, and a helpful protective cover amongst a plethora of cool features.
It compares favorably with the expensively priced saddles!
Riding is fun. And for us, the endowed guys, the most comfortable bike seat for overweight guys makes it even more satisfying.
The best bicycle (for overweight guys) + the best bike seat for overweight = unending bliss!
So, work hard and get yourself the bike saddle for heavy rider.
It could be your most important step towards being a happy rider!
- Best Heavy Duty Scooters For Adults
- Best Big And Tall Lawn Chairs For Heavy People
- Best Beach Chairs For Over 300 Lbs.
- Sturdy Camp Chairs For Big Guys.
- Heavy Duty Swing Sets For Adults.
- Best High Weight Capacity Kayak
- Best 500 Lb Capacity Kayak
- Best Running Shoes For Fat Guys
- Best Jeans For Big Thighs